Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sh...@ubs.com on 2003/04/03 12:44:28 UTC

Probelm with Tiles download...

Hi All,

I just downloaded Tiles.zip from the tiles home page(http://www.lifl.fr/%7Edumoulin/tiles/).I need to use it with struts 1.0.

The readme.txt says that there is a tilies-tutorial.war which i cant find any where.

Also there are 2 jar files(tiles.jar in /lib and tilesForStruts1-0.jar in /lib/struts1.0).SO which one i shoule be using?

And when I deploy the tiles-documentation.war and access it,I get following exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)

Where can I get a proper download of Tiles for struts 1.0.

regards,
Shirish

Re: Probelm with Tiles download...

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

  The download from the cited site should run.
  The tutorial is in tiles-doc.war. It should run immediately, unless
you have a configuration problem (missing jars, bad parser version, ...).
  The tutorial in this dist is based on a now old struts 1.1 pre beta
version.
  If you want to use tiles with struts1.0.x, I advice to do the following:

    * get the tiles-documentation.war from struts distribution. Learn,
      do the tutorial  and experiment with this war file. The files from
      the tutorial are in this version.
    * After you are comfortable with Tiles, experiment on a struts1.0
      platform: get the dist from my website, locate
      tilesForStruts1-0.jar and use it with struts1.0.
    * You can start from the tiles-blank-struts1-0.war file to have a
      good starting point with struts1.0.

  Hope this help,

       Cedric