Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 10:09:59 UTC

2.0 M4 release?

Its been nearly 6 weeks since the 2.0 M3 release so should we be
thinking about another release? We probably have enough content now -
the Assembly otests are nearly all passing, the're a new JSONP
binding, and the dynamic domain is starting to come together. So would
a M4 in a couple of weeks be doable? Or a bit longer to fit in more?

  ...ant

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
Its the file in trunk, i'll add in those updates.

   ...ant

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:58 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> If anyone has any changes or additions they would like included in the
> CHANGES file for the M4 release please update it now (today). It
> currently has for M4:
>
> Highlights include:
> - Passes the OASIS conformance test suite for the SCA-J CAA Specification!
> - Almost passes the OASIS conformance test suite for the SCA Assembly
> Specification with
>  a small number of test failures that will be fixed in the next release
> - Support for <binding.jms> and the OASIS SCA JMS specification
> - Support for <binding.ejb> on references and partial support of the
> OASIS SCA EJB specification
> - A new Tuscany specific binding for JSONP support
> - Several Tuscany specific extensions ported up from the 1.x runtime
> including bindings for ATOM,
>  HTTP, JSON-RPC, and implementation web clients

We also added support for JSON-RPC references, which was not available in 1.x

> - Improved distributed SCA domain support
> - Numerous bug fixes and improvements
>
>   ...ant

We should mention the cloud support and that we have been able to
deploy Tuscany distributed applications in Google AppEngine and IBM
Cloud.

Also, there were various improvements on the SCA Runtime to be more
flexible and make use of extensions (e.g for interface visitors, class
introspection, etc)

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
I'm happy to merge it, just wanted to ask first in case it was work in
progress you weren't expecting to get included.

   ...ant

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Simon

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Simon

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:19 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:09 AM, ant elder<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Its been nearly 6 weeks since the 2.0 M3 release so should we be
>>> thinking about another release? We probably have enough content now -
>>> the Assembly otests are nearly all passing, the're a new JSONP
>>> binding, and the dynamic domain is starting to come together. So would
>>> a M4 in a couple of weeks be doable? Or a bit longer to fit in more?
>>>
>>>  ...ant
>>>

>> Excellent idea. I think we should update the CHANGES file and see how
>> it looks. The SCAClient changes you mention on the other thread [1]
>> sound useful to get in. Also I'd like to add the builder tidy and
>> basic policy (not including external attachment) support to the list
>> as these are in flight and have a chance of being done in the next
>> couple of weeks.
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40tuscany.apache.org/msg09208.html
>>

> This is taking longer due to the bringing up the JMS binding taking up
> the time and I'm out on vacation for a while so it looks like early
> October is now a more realistic date for the M4 release.
>
>   ...ant

Apachecon is approaching quickly, and it would be good to have a
release before the conference. I'd like to finish the porting of the
Web 2.0 bindings and get better cloud support ready in the next couple
weeks and then help on getting the release out.

Thoughts ?

Re: 2.0 M4 release?

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Re: 2.0 M4 release?