Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bonilla, Christian J (Puerto Rico R&D)" <ch...@hp.com> on 2004/08/16 21:43:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Configure will not run in quiet mode

Hi,

I've just installed Apache 2.0.50 on an HP ZX6000 running Red Hat AS 3.0
for IA-64. I'll eventually be needing to deploy Apache across multiple
machines in the shortest time possible. I've found that "configure
--quiet" will not work. In other words, the "checking..." messages
always are displayed regardless if I include this switch or not. I've
also had the same problem come up on the same machine with SUSE ES 9.

Thanks for your help in solving this issue.

Regards,

Christian Bonilla

Re: [users@httpd] Configure will not run in quiet mode

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:43:05PM -0400, Bonilla, Christian J (Puerto Rico R&D) wrote:
> I've just installed Apache 2.0.50 on an HP ZX6000 running Red Hat AS 3.0
> for IA-64. I'll eventually be needing to deploy Apache across multiple
> machines in the shortest time possible. I've found that "configure
> --quiet" will not work. In other words, the "checking..." messages
> always are displayed regardless if I include this switch or not. I've
> also had the same problem come up on the same machine with SUSE ES 9.

Yup, it's a problem in how the recursive configure invocation is written
in APR.  Can you file a bug on this?

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

joe