Posted to users@camel.apache.org by urgy <ur...@comcast.net> on 2015/08/08 02:16:59 UTC

donefilename behavior change

With the File component, I used to be able to get a file like "abc.def.zip"
get picked up
with a trigger file called "abc.def.trigger".
My route would be this:
   from("file:/folder?doneFileName=$simple{file:name.noext}.trigger")

I was using Camel version 2.14.0

When I tried to upgrade to 2.15.2 and even 2.14.3, this doesn't work
anymore.
Apparently, there was a change described here regarding file extensions with
more than one dot posted in stackoverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29031551/how-to-use-donefilename-property-of-camel-for-file-name-with-double-extension)

Before this change, "name.noext" used to be equal to "abc.def" in the above
example.
Now, it is "abc"

Any ideas, how I can get the behavior I used to get?  ie have a file
"abc.def.zip" get
triggered by "abc.def.trigger" ?

Thanks,
urgy

Re: donefilename behavior change

Posted by urgy <ur...@comcast.net>.
Thanks Claus.  I'll check it out.

Regards

Re: donefilename behavior change

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

In the next release you can do

doneFileName=$simple{file:name.noext.single}.trigger

to have the old behavior

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
That is not possible. Maybe do not use double dots in your file extensions.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 2:16 AM, urgy <ur...@comcast.net> wrote:
> With the File component, I used to be able to get a file like "abc.def.zip"
> get picked up
> with a trigger file called "abc.def.trigger".
> My route would be this:
>    from("file:/folder?doneFileName=$simple{file:name.noext}.trigger")
>
> I was using Camel version 2.14.0
>
> When I tried to upgrade to 2.15.2 and even 2.14.3, this doesn't work
> anymore.
> Apparently, there was a change described here regarding file extensions with
> more than one dot posted in stackoverflow
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29031551/how-to-use-donefilename-property-of-camel-for-file-name-with-double-extension)
>
> Before this change, "name.noext" used to be equal to "abc.def" in the above
> example.
> Now, it is "abc"
>
> Any ideas, how I can get the behavior I used to get?  ie have a file
> "abc.def.zip" get
> triggered by "abc.def.trigger" ?
>
> Thanks,
> urgy