Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Merve Temizer <me...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/09 13:56:03 UTC

Checking out and building a project

Hello,

I am told to get below for a snapshot.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/current/

I want to check out and build

When i want to "svn co" and "mvn clean compile" ;

I am getting error telling some module of pom.xml does not exist.

I need only server project under james and also have tried

checking out and mvn clean compiling :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/

It tells i do not have some projects too.

Where am i wrong, as you can see i have misunderstanding about maven
working principals.

It would be appreciated if you can suggest something to
solve misunderstandings, thanks.

Re: Checking out and building a project

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I am told to get below for a snapshot.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/current/
>
> I want to check out and build
>
> When i want to "svn co" and "mvn clean compile" ;
>
> I am getting error telling some module of pom.xml does not exist.

If you are having problems following the directions provided by the
Apache James folks or if their build is broken, you need to talk to
them about it on their Users or Dev list. This is their problem and
they should fix it.

> Where am i wrong, as you can see i have misunderstanding about maven
> working principals.

Perhaps not -- it may simply be that their build is broken. This may
have nothing to with Maven.

Wayne