Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Michael Chen <yi...@u.northwestern.edu> on 2017/07/31 19:21:39 UTC

Question on 2.x sitemap functionality

Dear fellow Nutch developers,

I've been trying to use Nutch 2 sitemap function to crawl and index all
pages on the sitemap indices. It seems that integration with
CommonCrawler sitemap tools only exist in 2.x branch. But after I got it
to work with Hbase 1.2.3, it didn't fetch, parse and index the sitemap
indices and sitemaps at all.

I also looked into the code a bit and everything seems to make sense,
except I couldn't further trace the data flow beyond Toolrunner.run() in
the FetchReducer. I'm testing it on Linux with the "crawl" script in
/bin, so I'm not sure if how I can debug this. Please let me know if
there's any further information that I can provide you with to help
troubleshoot this issue. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Michael

Re: Question on 2.x sitemap functionality

Posted by kenneth mcfarland <ke...@gmail.com>.
Please know the inquiry is simply to understand how myself and others can
document the code better. Thank you for your response.

Kenneth

Posted by Michael Chen <yi...@u.northwestern.edu>.
Hi Kenneth,

Posted by kenneth mcfarland <ke...@gmail.com>.