Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Mahesh Sawaiker <ma...@persistent.com> on 2017/07/06 10:09:18 UTC

spark-class code.

Hi,
Excuse my low understand of shell script, but can someone explain in detail what this particular piece of code in spark-class does?
I am trying to run some code with a customized jdk called hot tub https://github.com/dsrg-uoft/hottub

There was a specific problem with the line that prints $? , after I replaced it with just some text, it started to work fine.

build_command() {
  "$RUNNER" -Xmx128m -cp "$LAUNCH_CLASSPATH" org.apache.spark.launcher.Main "$@"
  printf "%d\0" $?
}

# Turn off posix mode since it does not allow process substitution
set +o posix
CMD=()
while IFS= read -d '' -r ARG; do
  CMD+=("$ARG")