Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com> on 2016/04/06 06:39:41 UTC

Last-minute April podling report

Hi all -

Below is my draft report for Impala for April. I'm going to copy it
straight away to the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2016), so
please make changes there as you see fit.

Henry

Impala

Impala is a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data stored
in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.

Impala has been incubating since 2015-12-03.

  1. Transition of development workflows to ASF (see
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221)
  2. Initial release as incubating project.
  3. Community growth

aware of?

  None.

We continue to see an uptick in external contributions, with two patches
from new contributors this month. One contributor pleasingly reported it
was "great to work closely with Impala community".

  We have put together a list of tasks required to move development of
Impala from
  Cloudera's infrastructure to the ASF. Since Impala was already a
well-established project before the Incubator proposal, there is perhaps
more decoupling required than for more nascent projects. The list is at
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221, and is being actively
worked on. Note that this doesn't cover the standard podling tasks (like
name search, etc).

Date of last release:

  None since entering incubation.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  None since entering incubation.