Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tianzhen Lin <ta...@usa.net> on 2013/12/05 10:59:22 UTC

Blurry Images in flex.apache.org homepage

Hi,

Not to offend any designer of Apache's Flex site, but I cannot help but
notice a few images in flex.apache.org's homepage carousel look blurry,
which could use a little bit of enhancement (would be even better if it were
a Flash/Flex animation.  The site is fantastic, and I would love to
contribute a bit of my design + development skill to help improve the
appearance.  Let me know what I could do to involve.

Thanks!

Tangent

RE: Blurry Images in flex.apache.org homepage

Posted by Tianzhen Lin <ta...@usa.net>.
Thanks!  That's exactly what I am looking for.

Tangent

> I wonder where I could get the source of the images such as EPS/PSD,
> so I can start by making some tweaks for review.

Does this help?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flex/site/trunk/content/images/comps/

Justin

Re: Blurry Images in flex.apache.org homepage

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tianzhen Lin <ta...@usa.net>.
I wonder where I could get the source of the images such as EPS/PSD, so I
can start by making some tweaks for review.

Tangent

We always can use your help. Will you be able to make a 'preview/mockup' of
the changes you have in mind, or are you just thinking of enhancing/tweaking
the current design?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Blurry Images in flex.apache.org homepage

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Blurry Images in flex.apache.org homepage

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I would love to contribute a bit of my design + development skill to help improve the
> appearance.

Any improvements would be greatly appreciated - a patch against what is in SVN [1] would be ideal but if that's no possible that's also fine.

Just be aware that the existing content uses a CMS system and it can be a little tricky to work with. Blurry images should be easy to correct - if you need the original assets just ask.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/flex/site/trunk