Posted to users@maven.apache.org by wolverine my <wo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 03:44:08 UTC

Failed to resolve artifact JAX-RPC 1.1.3

Hi!

I'm trying to compile my web service program developed in WSDP 2.0.

The WSDP 2.0 comes with JAX-RPC 1.1.3_01 EA,
see also http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/2.0/jaxrpc/ReleaseNotes.html

I specified the dependency of JAX-RPC as below,

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.xml</groupId>
      <artifactId>jaxrpc-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.3</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

and I encounter the failed to resolve artifact error!

In the Maven remote repository, the javax/xml/jaxrpc-api/1.1.3
directory does not contains any JAR files.

May I know how to resolve this problem?

* please also point me any articles/guidelines about WSDP & Maven.

Thank you very much!

/newbie

Re: Failed to resolve artifact JAX-RPC 1.1.3

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you open the pom file corresponding to that artifact:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/jaxrpc-api/1.1.3/jaxrpc-api-1.1.3.pom

You'll see:
<url>http://java.sun.com/webservices/jaxrpc/index.jsp</url>
<distributionManagement>
<downloadUrl>http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicespack.html</downloadUrl>
</distributionManagement>

Go to that URL, download the file, and "mvn install" it into your local repo.

Or if you can use version 1.1, that JAR and Pom etc is available in the repo.

Wayne