Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 15:54:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.8

Hi folks,

A release candidate for Geronimo 2.1.8 has been created and staged.

The tag has been created here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.8/

The staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/

The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.tar.gz
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.zip

A tck execution against 2.1.8 tag is ongoing, and will be finished around
16 hours later. I will update the status here.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)

--
Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.8

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> A release candidate for Geronimo 2.1.8 has been created and staged.
>>
>> The tag has been created here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.8/
>>
>> The staging repo is here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/
>>
>> The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.tar.gz
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-367/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.8/geronimo-2.1.8-source-release.zip
>>

>> A tck execution against 2.1.8 tag is ongoing, and will be finished around
>> 16 hours later. I will update the status here.
>>
> Java ee 5 tck  passed for both Tomcat and Jetty assembly. Now only one
> jaxb tck failure, if we switch the jaxb api back to RI's, then no failure.

Since this jaxb tck failure, we have to revert back to use jaxb-api, not
our geronimo jaxb spec api, so cancel this vote.

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--