Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/04/20 16:19:09 UTC

Fwd: Help reviewing PhotArk podling release

Hi Luciano,

I haven't checked out the code for PhotArk yet, but from your description it sounds like it might benefit from some of the work we're doing on Pivot (http://incubator.apache.org/pivot/). Some of the features in our recent release may be of interest to you; specifically, native drag/drop and file system integration. You can see this in action here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/file-browser-demo.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/file-drag-drop-demo.html

This demo may also be of interest. It showcases Pivot's major UI components:

http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/kitchen-sink-demo.html

Other demos and examples are available here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/demos.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/PIVOT/tutorial.html

I imagine it would be possible to build a pretty full-featured PhotArk UI using Pivot. Let us know if you are interested in discussing this in more detail.

Greg