Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2017/08/22 20:13:05 UTC

Proper way to retire podlings/madlib.yml

Hi!

first of all, I wanted to let y'all know that the MADlib trademark
transferred has finally happened and thus PODLINGNAMESEARCH-125
is now successfully resolved. Thanks to all who helped in the process!

This, in turn, made me go back to Incubator website to clean up
a few things for MADlib. I think we're good, but I've noticed this:
   ./content/podlings/madlib.yml
which I don't quite know how to "retire". Do I just remove it?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Proper way to retire podlings/madlib.yml

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Presently these files play no role.  It's a whimsy test, discussed in [1]
(as well as some other threads).  For now I've put it on hold, as there's
some light discussion about merging with the DOAP format.

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/59c3432b29b679e3f8478b562f6d82eb86755a02a22b0d8a4d68c582@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Roman thank you and congrats for fulfilling your commitment.

Sincerely appreciate it, and a model for all to follow.

Cheers,
Chris Mattmann