Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Earl Bingham <ea...@righton.com> on 2002/07/17 00:30:12 UTC

creating pipeline output for XML File viewable with IE browser

I was having difficulty constructing a map entry that will display XML
output within the IE browser.  In which I receive a cocoon error message
within Tomcat 4.0.1 web server.

In which I have the following in a sitemap file:

<map:pipeline>
  <map:match pattern="testXMLOutput">
  <map:generate src="test.xml"/>
  <map:transform src="test.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

test.xml
---
<test>
  <entry>John</entry>
  <entry>Jacob</entry>
  <entry>Joseph</entry>
</test>

test.xsl
---
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' standalone='yes' ?>
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="no"/>
<xsl:template match=".">
<testoutput>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
</testoutput>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="entry">
  <output>
   <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
  </output>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

does anyone know what should be used to properly display an XML document
within IE?

Thanks,

- Earl