Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu> on 2000/02/20 16:54:08 UTC

AuthCookie: needs a path?

Hi,

I'm looking at the specs for HTTP-cookies
(http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html) and I noticed this:

   If the path is not specified, it as assumed to be the same path as the
   document being described by the header which contains the cookie.

Currently Apache::AuthCookie requires a path to be set (specified with
PerlSetVar), but is that necessary?  I'm thinking of making it an optional
attribute in the next release and thought I'd solicit some opinions here first.

Thanks.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum