Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com> on 2007/07/26 02:43:40 UTC

Trinidad Table question

Looking at the documentation of the Trinidad 'tr:table' component, it seems
that each direct child of the tr:table must be a tr:column, you can't put an
iterator or forEach tag there, which would allow an unspecified number of
columns to be rendered.  Is this correct?

Is there some alternative solution.  (We were trying Tomahawk's table, but
bugs in the component killed us.)

Thank you,
- Ray Clough

Re: Trinidad Table question

Posted by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it>.
You are wrong concerning c:forEach, since it is not a component. I use
it for rendering a runtime-defined column set. What you cannot include
is an iterating *component*, such as ui:repeat and alike.

-- Renzo

Re: Trinidad Table question

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
You can use forEach, but not iterator.  (I'd really like
to see support for iterator added by some intrepid developer.)
Alternatively, you can use the binding attribute and manually add
column children, which is a good fallback.

-- Adam