Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darren Pettis <de...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/19 22:34:40 UTC

Deployment...

Hi all,

I have been a jakarta user for a while and still don't understand how to do
a proper deployment setup.  I have installed applications with multiple
files/servlets/beans and gotten them to work fine outside the context of
what the Servlet 2.2 spec says.

I understand where files go (WEB_INF, classes, etc), but I can't seem to get
jakarta to recognize anything in there after adding entries to tomcat.conf
and server.xml.  I'm putting my servlet(s) in WEB-INF/classes and my
index.html file in the root of the application.  How do I register this in
the various conf files to get jakarta to regognized it.

The application name is vendor and it is based off the same directory as the
examples dir.  Maybe the problem lies in and improperly setup web.xml file?
Anyway, I really want to understand this so I can deploy my applications
"properly" in the future.

Thanks!
Darren

RE: Deployment...

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Darren,

> I understand where files go (WEB_INF, classes, etc), but I can't
> seem to get
> jakarta to recognize anything in there after adding entries to
> tomcat.conf
> and server.xml.  I'm putting my servlet(s) in WEB-INF/classes and my
> index.html file in the root of the application.  How do I
> register this in
> the various conf files to get jakarta to regognized it.

Well, you're off to a good start =)

Would you mind posting the relevant snippets from your httpd.conf and
server.xml files?

- r