Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Walter Brameld <wb...@newrivernet.com> on 2001/06/21 21:30:27 UTC

null secret key

Hello,

I've finally gotten Jetspeed built and configured, but now when trying to
create a new account, the secret key as reported in the confirmation email
is "null".

Any ideas?

RedHat 7.0
Tomcat 3.2.1
JDK 1.2.2
Jetspeed from CVS sources

Walter Brameld
wbrameld@newrivernet.com

RE: null secret key

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> I still believe its best to turn off the confirmation email
> as default.
> You can do this by setting

(sorry about the last email, i accidently pressed the "send" hotkey
mid-sentence, another case of premature emailulation :-)

confirm.email.enable=false

Which may be easier for new users. Just a thought.

Anyway, there is a bug there.
When I converted over CreateNewUserAndConfirm.java to TurbineSecurity, I
seem to have omitted the setPerm(User.CONFIRM_VALUE, confirmValue).
I will get that fixed right away, sorry.

The fact that it takes your email 3 hours or whatever shouldn't have
anything to do with Jetspeed.
I would look into your mail server. In testing here with James and MDaemon,
my emails show up within less than a minute.

-------------------------------------
David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed