Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by OliverScott <ol...@fhsinternet.com> on 2007/11/05 14:54:56 UTC

syswrite() to parent failed: Broken pipe at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/SpamdForkScaling.pm line 570

SpamD seems to die every now and again (every couple of days) and though I
have a script which checks regularly for various key services and restarts
them if they are missing, it is letting a couple of spam through each
time...

The error message I am getting in my maillog when this happens is:

server spamd[9522]: syswrite() to parent failed: Broken pipe at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/SpamdForkScaling.pm line
570.

I have installed the logging plugin and will grab a copy of the next message
to cause this to see if that sheds any light on the problem, but I was
wonderng if anyone had seen this problem before?

This is running on a CentOS 4.4 (Red Hat) VPS with Exim 4.67 (not that this
is probably relevant) and is running SpamAssassin 3.2.3 with all the normal
additons (Razor, DCC, iXhash, BotNet, SARE, PDFInfo, ClamAV Plugin, Extra
DNSBLs, and a few custom ShortCircuits).

Thanks!
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/syswrite%28%29-to-parent-failed%3A-Broken-pipe-at--usr-lib-perl5-site_perl-5.8.5-Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamdForkScaling.pm-line-570-tf4751769.html#a13587308