Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michel Debar <mi...@fundp.ac.be> on 1999/04/18 16:44:24 UTC

Apache-Apr description ?

I would like to find a description of the Apache-apr project, and could not
locate any. Can some kind person help by providing a pointer, or a
document, or a pointer to where the discussion on this is archived.

I tried all locations I could think of, without success.

Thanks for all who can help.

Michel DEBAR  -  Directeur Technique - FUNDP University Computing Centre
61, rue de Bruxelles   B5000 Namur    Belgium

tel      +32 (81) 72 50 16
fax      +32 (81) 72 50 23
e-mail   Michel.Debar@fundp.ac.be
web      http://www.fundp.ac.be (travail)
         http://michel.debar.org (personnel)

Re: Apache-Apr description ?

Posted by Michel Debar <mi...@fundp.ac.be>.
Thank you for the info - it sufficiently describes the idea for me.

Regards, Michel Debar

Re: Apache-Apr description ?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 04:44:24PM +0200, Michel Debar wrote:
> > I would like to find a description of the Apache-apr project
>
> Basically, it is an extension of the Apache 1.3 design

This is a confusion.  The 'apache-apr project' is devoted to
constructing a portable runtime library (the 'pr' in 'apr')
that can be used in more things than just the Apache Web server
(the 'portable' in 'portable runtime').

It happens that the apache-apr directory tree has also been
used as the working area for the 'hybrid server' project, which
is what Manoj described.

>From the recent voting, it seems clear that the hybrid server
project will be moving out of the apache-apr tree and into its
own, leaving apache-apr containing *only* the APR project.
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: Apache-Apr description ?

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@raleigh.ibm.com>.