Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Henrik Nordberg <he...@edgewaystech.com> on 2005/07/15 19:10:47 UTC

Re: Using STL (Was: Exception model (more thoughts))

I think it is worth taking a closer look at this issue, because using the
STL (standard C++, really) can make the code less buggy (because you worry
less about pointers), easier to understand (for C++ programmers) and more
compatible with existing C++ code.

What platforms have problems and what are those problems?
How does using STL only within get around those problems (the code still
needs to be compiled)?

I don't mean to cause trouble, I truly want to understand this problem. C++
has come a long way and I think Axis-C++ can benefit from that.

Thanks
 - Henrik