Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2009/10/29 16:16:12 UTC

I have implemented an idea I had for a longer time: tasks pick their
values for themself from existing properties.
>From the Hudson Clover plugin I got the idea of using BuildListeners for
"AOP" functions and tried that.

The result is in the sandbox and I want to put it into core, but want to
have some feedback before.

Jan

AW:

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
Thanks for feedback.

>I like the idea and the general implementation but have a problem with
>the name.  When I saw its name I thought you were writing task for the
>autotools suite and not a task that would configure other tasks.
>autotaskconf?

I dont know the autotools suite, so that name was more intuitive for me.

>Regarding the implementation I wonder whether you couldn't use
>IntrospecitionHelper (maybe by opening it up a little) instead of
>writing your own reflection logic to determine the possible attributes.
>I fear the task's logic is bound to be different from
>IntroSpectionHelper in subtle ways which could lead to confusing bugs.

I am not familiar with the ISH, so that didnt come to my mind.
I'll have a look (when I have my next time slot ;-)

So it was good to place it in the sandbox before :O

Jan

Re:

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-10-29, <Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> I have implemented an idea I had for a longer time: tasks pick their
> values for themself from existing properties.  From the Hudson Clover
> plugin I got the idea of using BuildListeners for "AOP" functions and
> tried that.

I like the idea and the general implementation but have a problem with
the name.  When I saw its name I thought you were writing task for the
autotools suite and not a task that would configure other tasks.
autotaskconf?

Regarding the implementation I wonder whether you couldn't use
IntrospecitionHelper (maybe by opening it up a little) instead of
writing your own reflection logic to determine the possible attributes.
I fear the task's logic is bound to be different from
IntroSpectionHelper in subtle ways which could lead to confusing bugs.

Stefan