Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Sana <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/30 08:00:22 UTC

Re: Unsatisfied error when deploying

Thanks Bart for your reply.

I am having another issue. I have this dependency in my pom.xml.
<dependency>
			<groupId>com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs</groupId>
			<artifactId>jackson-jaxrs-json-provider</artifactId>
			<version>2.0.0</version>
		</dependency>

 While installing the bundle to karaf, I get as below. This seems to be a
version conflict, but I could not find any reference of
com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.json in servicemix. How to chcek the version it
is looking for.

Unsatisfied requirement(s):
---------------------------

package:(&(package=com.fasterxml.jackson.jaxrs.json)(version>=2.0.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))
      eBizServices

Re: Unsatisfied error when deploying

Posted by Sana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Łukasz!

Re: Unsatisfied error when deploying

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Jackson OSGi manifests were broken for some time. Please use 2.3.0 if you can or 2.2.2.

Best regards,
Łukasz Dywicki
--
luke@code-house.org
Twitter: ldywicki

Wiadomość napisana przez Sana <sa...@gmail.com> w dniu 31 mar 2014, o godz. 04:45:

Posted by Sana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gert for sharing all this info! Appreciate it.

Re: Unsatisfied error when deploying

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Usually, the easiest way to ensure that all your dependencies get
installed correctly, is by defining a feature that defines the bundles
that need to get installed together.  Have a look at
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/users-guide/provisioning.html
for more information about this.

In the case of the jackson dependencies, those are already OSGi
bundles so you can just add them to the features file directly.

If a dependency is not already an OSGi bundle, you have a few options:
- have a look at
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Corg.apache.servicemix.bundles
to see if we already built an OSGi bundle you can use
- use the wrap: protocol to wrap a bundle on the fly - usually, you
can just go with wrap:mvn:group/artifact/version, but you also tweak
this a bit (cfr.
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxurl/Wrap+Protocol)
- build your own bundles, which is a bit more involved but might be
worth the effort if you're reusing the same bundle over and over again
- you can have a look at the source code for our bundles to get some
inspiration there (cfr.
http://servicemix.apache.org/developers/source/bundles-source.html)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Posted by Bart Horré <ba...@anova.be>.
Hi,

could you maybe post the contents of the POM of the bundle you are trying to
install and the output of osgi:list so I can get a better image of what it
is you are trying to do?