Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/04/24 20:50:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC.     This release is a
major step forward from M1. This release includes following new
features and enhancement:
    * WS-policy framework
    * WS-Security
    * HTTP transport enhancements
    * Aegis databinding support
    * Configuration refactoring and improvement, including support of
      Spring 2.0 config syntax
    * Tooling (mainly wsdl2java, java2wsdl) refactoring and improvements
    * Many JAX-WS issues fixes  (still not tck compliant yet)
    * Many other JIRA issues and code cleanup
    * MUCH MUCH more

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator-RC_take1/

The distros are in the "distro" directory.
The "maven" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed to the
m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator-RC/

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
+ 1

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by Jim Ma <ji...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
+1! :-)

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.
+1

exceptions in system test

Posted by Jim Ma <ji...@iona.com>.
I see there are exceptions throwed in system test, but the build is still
successful.  Is this the real error message ?

Running org.apache.cxf.systest.servlet.CXFServletTest
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
	at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.jav
a:198)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:251)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.
java:233)

Running org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.HTTPClientPolicyTest
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.PolicyException:
Incompatible HTTPClientPolicy assertions.
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134)
	at $Proxy41.sayHi(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.HTTPClientPolicyTest.testUsingHTTPClientPol
icies(HTTPClientPolicyTest.java:122)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)

Regards

Jim

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
+1

Jervis

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
+1
:-)

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
[-0] because IMO some of the features that are advertised below should
be more complete, specifically:

* There is no demo/sample for the WS-Policy framework, which I think is
important as it's a complex feature.
* There are already many ways to configure certain behaviour
(programatically, policy, ws-feature, plain Spring);  I feel that we
should at least restrict the different ways to inject properties of
complex type - i.e. get rid of the use of any remaining property editors
(and use a plain application context) before we make a big fuss about
supporting Spring 2.0 config syntax.
* We had many JIRA issues reported recently about demos not working but
I have not seen corresponding mails reporting the issues as fixed. For a
release I'd prefer them all working.

Andrea.

Posted by "Johnson, Eric" <Er...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Anstey <ja...@iona.com>.
+1!

Posted by Balaji Ravi <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1...

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Balancing is hard... it's what makes pure open source
in some ways more "difficult" than commercial proprietary
s/w. Open Source should not have "schedules"... the code
is ready when it is ready. Forced timetables should be
avoided.

With all that said, one also needs to recall that you have
a user (and developer) community to handle as well...
It does not serve Yoko (or anyone) to "rush" CXF just
so "they have something", but neither can you ignore
that either... A Release Candidate should mean just
that: it's a potential release. If it isn't, then
don't call it that, or don't release it yet.

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Eoghan,

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 on the release by the way :) :)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Looking over the distro-src:

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
I believe your vote still matters as we need 3 +1s from Incubator PMC
members, which you are one of.

BTW, I'm pushing the incubator people at apache to take a look at the
release this week. Hopefully we'll push this vote along :-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator-RC

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Let me throw in my non-binding and very late, yet supportive vote (even
though it already passed) ;-)

+1

Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.