Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Barry Angus <ro...@ntlworld.com> on 2002/09/02 13:37:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting up Apache in W98

Hi
I am a first time user and on trying to install Apache I get as far as the server information section and not sure what I need to "input"  for the following:-
Network Domain, server name and Administrators e-mail address.
I am installing Apache so I can run Macromedia Coldfusion programme on my home machine.,
Any help appreciated
thanks
Barry Angus

Re: [users@httpd] Setting up Apache in W98

Posted by Peter <pg...@optusnet.com.au>.
In my network the machine has ip address 10.0.0.2. I use this for the server name.
i.e.
ServerName 10.0.0.2

The admin mail address is set to:
ServerAdmin webmaster@my-domain.com

Document root is set to:

DocumentRoot "C:/usr/www/my-domain"

This is the directory containing my web pages.

I can mail you the full file if you wish.

Regards

Peter Goggin