Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Juan Cervera <Ju...@nomadsoft.com> on 2005/09/22 19:40:33 UTC

Axis debug in WAS 5.1

Hello,

I have some Web Services deployed in a WAR in WAS 5.1. My Web Services
use log4j to log events. I have a log4j.properties in the
WEB-INF/classes.

The funny part is that I get all my messages properly logged but I don't
get any of the Axis ones ... log4j must be working because otherwise I
would not get any log at all. If I put the Axis logger pointing to a
different appender (pointing them to the same appender still does not
work even not specifying the Axis specific loggers at all does help),
the file gets created but is always empty. In my client side there is no
problems with the same configuration file ... any ideas on why I cannot
get any Axis logging in the server side?

This is my configuration file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, default-appender
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=DEBUG, axis-appender
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle=DEBUG,
axis-appender

log4j.appender.default-appender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.default-appender.File=/ctxtools/WebSphere/was51/ws_test/l
ogs/server1/webservices.log
log4j.appender.default-appender.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.default-appender.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.default-appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.default-appender.layout.ConversionPattern=<%d{yyyyMMdd:HH
mmssSSS}> <%p> <%x> <%c> <%m>%n

log4j.appender.axis-appender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.axis-appender.File=/ctxtools/WebSphere/was51/ws_test/logs
/server1/axis.log
log4j.appender.axis-appender.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.axis-appender.MaxBackupIndex=3
log4j.appender.axis-appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.axis-appender.layout.ConversionPattern=<%d{yyyyMMdd:HHmms
sSSS}> <%p> <%x> <%c> <%m>%n

By the way the Axis happypage does not give any error.

Thanks,

Re: Axis debug in WAS 5.1

Posted by Kr <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If I put below log4j.properties in log4j-1.2.8.jar and put this jar in
my runtime classpath then I am able to see the axis log messages

log4j.properties
------------------------
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, appender1
log4j.appender.appender1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.appender1.File=log4j.log
log4j.appender.appender1.Append=false
log4j.appender.appender1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.appender1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p %c - %m %n

Can you please explain these lines :
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=DEBUG, axis-appender
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle=DEBUG, axis-appender

Thanks.