Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/09 00:46:12 UTC

How to locate Geronimo's local Maven repository

Hi
This post is in partial response to my own post about a Geronimo local
repository. I learned that Geronimo is using an internal maven repository to
manage dependencies,
but this is separate.

And my understanding is that this local maven repository is located
at:"/.m2/repository

I do not understand this .m2 thing? What physical location does this
repository map to?

Help me understand this.

thanks in advance
ilango

Re: How to locate Geronimo's local Maven repository

Posted by ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot. I will visit that link right away.
I will let you know how it goes

Appreciate your help very much

ilango

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I'm not sure if I am understanding your questions correctly.

~/.m2/repository is your local maven repository.  When running
geronimo this is not used directly in any way.

Geronimo includes a repository that has the same file system structure
as a maven repository, by default at <geronimo-home>/repository.
Almost all the jars used by geronimo are located in this repository
(there are few in <geronimo-home>/lib)

The only time I can think of when your geronimo instance would
interact with the local maven repository is if you were installing a
geronimo plugin from the local maven repository into your geronimo
instance.  In this case you would certainly be pulling the geronimo
plugin from the maven repo and most likely other jars and geronimo
plugins that are dependencies of the plugin you are installing.  For
instance, the geronimo build works this way, assembling the geronimo
servers from the plugins previously built and installed into the local
maven repo.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
ilango_g wrote:
> I found this  .m2 folder after I enabled viewing of hidden folders in my
> Windows XP machine.
> C:\Documents and Settings\gurusai\.m2\repository

Hi ilango,

Also note that the Maven repository (for builds and target construction)
location is controlled by the settings in your maven configuration at
<maven_home>/conf/settings.xml. You can change the location by
uncommenting and editing the line (for example):

   <localRepository>c:\\MyDirectoryName\\m2</localRepository>

As David mentions, the Maven repository (used for builds) is different
than the Geronimo repository (used for Geronimo runtime).

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: How to locate Geronimo's local Maven repository

Posted by ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello,

.m2 is a hidden directory.  By default, it appears in your home directory.
This differs depending on whether you are using unix or windows.  In unix,
you can view hidden directories using "ls -al"  I can't quite remember the
menu commands to make hidden files viewable in windows explorer but I think
this should help  [1].

This post is directly related to your other thread, and probably should have
been made as a reply to your previous message.

[1]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=making+hidden+files+visible+in+windows+exporer&btnG=Google+Search

Hope this helps!

~Jason Warner

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> This post is in partial response to my own post about a Geronimo local
> repository. I learned that Geronimo is using an internal maven repository
> manage dependencies,
> but this is separate.
>
> And my understanding is that this local maven repository is located
> at:"/.m2/repository
>
> I do not understand this .m2 thing? What physical location does this
> repository map to?
>
> Help me understand this.
>
> thanks in advance
> ilango