Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/11 18:24:36 UTC

Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl and latest v4

Hi, I'm trying to build the latest spamassassin from SVN on fedora34.
I've also built perl-Mail-Dmarc-PurePerl rom metacpan and installed it
(along with all its dependencies), but it isn't recognized when
building SA:

$ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
DESTDIR=/home/dave/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/spamassassin-4.0.0-77.fc34.x86_64/
SYSCONFDIR=/etc INSTALLDIRS=vendor ENABLE_SSL=yes
NOTE: the optional Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl module is not installed.

  Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl is a Perl implementation of DMARC protocol.
  It is used by the optional Dmarc Plugin.

checking binary dependencies and their versions...

What further info can I provide to troubleshoot this?

I'm also trying to install the package that provides
IP::Country::DB_File, but have been unable to find it. Is this still
being used, or has it been replaced with the MaxMind code? I thought I
saw a reference to that in a bug report somewhere.

NOTE: the optional IP::Country::DB_File module is not installed.

  Used by the RelayCountry plugin (not enabled by default) to
  determine the domain country codes of each relay in the path of an email.
  Also used by the URILocalBL plugin (not enabled by default) to provide
  Country code based filtering.

Re: Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl and latest v4

Posted by Giovanni Bechis <gi...@paclan.it>.
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 02:24:36PM -0400, Alex wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to build the latest spamassassin from SVN on fedora34.
> I've also built perl-Mail-Dmarc-PurePerl rom metacpan and installed it
> (along with all its dependencies), but it isn't recognized when
> building SA:
>
> $ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
> DESTDIR=/home/dave/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/spamassassin-4.0.0-77.fc34.x86_64/
> SYSCONFDIR=/etc INSTALLDIRS=vendor ENABLE_SSL=yes
> NOTE: the optional Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl module is not installed.
>
>   Mail::Dmarc::PurePerl is a Perl implementation of DMARC protocol.
>   It is used by the optional Dmarc Plugin.

The code was loading Mail::Dmarc instead of Mail::DMARC, this worked
with previous versions of the module but not with more recent ones.
I committed a fix.
 Giovanni