Posted to user@poi.apache.org by suresh k <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/08 13:43:22 UTC

Is there a way to convert excel sheet with images/graphs and text to html?

I am new to Apache POI. I am trying to convert to HTML from Excel Sheet. I
wants only the selected rows and columns(print area) to be converted as
HTML. Using Apache POI manage to get the print area and convert the
numerical/text value to HTML(By referring toHtml sample) But I could not
find a way get images and graphs from the print area and convert them to
HTML using Apache POI.

If any body have sample code to convert graphs and images to HTML or have
any ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Suresh K

Re: Is there a way to convert excel sheet with images/graphs and text to html?

Posted by suresh k <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response Nick. I will look into Apache Tika.

Re: Is there a way to convert excel sheet with images/graphs and text to html?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, suresh k wrote:
> I am new to Apache POI. I am trying to convert to HTML from Excel Sheet.

Have you tried with Apache Tika? That wraps POI, and provides a common way
to turn all the office formats that POI supports (and many others too!)
into XHTML. It also exports embedded pictures.

Not sure about graphs though, we don't (I believe) have anything to render
them, so it'll depend on if excel helpfully cached a picture of the
rendered version or not

Nick