Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2016/06/28 11:38:21 UTC

[Fileupload] CVE security page and site distribution

Hello,

I was trying to come up with a Victims-cve-db entry for CVE-2016-3092 and I
noticed a few odd things (https://github.com/victims/victims-cve-db/pull/47
):

a) the original mail from Jochen did contain a link to a security page but
Commons FileUpload does not have one:

http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201606.mbox/%3C45A20804-ABFF-4FED-A297-69AC95AB9A3F@apache.org%3E

-> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/security.html

b) the change for the release notes is only in trunk, not published
to the site or the archives. This makes it hard to link to a
definitive source.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [Fileupload] CVE security page and site distribution

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> schrieb am Do., 30. Juni 2016 um
21:52 Uhr:
>> Please somebody have a look and publish the site (I dont trust my
>> tooling with this). After the push it needs to be linked from the
>> commons-security page as well.

Nice. You even picked up one that I wasn't aware of. Well done, Bernd!

Jochen

Re: [Fileupload] CVE security page and site distribution

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> schrieb am Do., 30. Juni 2016 um
21:52 Uhr:

> Hello,
>
> I pushed a security report for commons fileupload (incl. the 3 CVEs I
> could find).

> Please somebody have a look and publish the site (I dont trust my
> tooling with this). After the push it needs to be linked from the
> commons-security page as well.

done.

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,