Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Terence Kearns <te...@canberra.edu.au> on 2006/08/17 03:19:48 UTC

Re: Question about Lepido

I had no idea what Lepido was so I googled it and found that someone
at apache had set up wiki for it. I assume you know about this?

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Lepido

On 21/06/06, Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> wrote:
> vincent mahé wrote:
> > Hello mailing list,
> >
> > I was looking at the mails which topic was "Lepido is dead"
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115081226329865&w=2
> > <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115081226329865&w=2>
> >
> > Has Lepido been acquired by the company which develops and sells
> > MyEclipse ?
>
> Absolutely not.
>
> As the (unfortunate) founder of Lepido, I can say that there has never
> been any relation between Lepido and MyEclipse. Furthermore Lepido, as
> an opensource project, cannot be "acquired" by a company.
>
> Lepido did not attracted the community that would have allowed it to
> grow, and the company that donated the initial code base could not
> invest in its development.
>
> Since nothing had changed for many months, the Lepido has recently been
> archived and closed. This is the normal process at Eclipse for dormant
> projects. The source code and archives of the mailing-lists are however
> still available [1] for anybody that want to look at it and revive the
> project.
>
> Sylvain
>
> [1] http://www.eclipse.org/technology/archived.php
>
> --
> Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net

Mr Terence Kearns
IT Database/Applications Developer
Information and Communication Technology
University of Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: +61 (0)2 6201 5516
(Fax: +61 (0)2 6201 5501)
(Location: 10b26b)
Australian Government Higher Education
Registered Provider CRICOS: #00212K
NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential or copyright material and are for the attention of
the addressee only. If you have received this email in error please
notify us by email reply and delete it from your system. The University
of Canberra accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.

Re: Question about Lepido

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Terence Kearns wrote:
> I had no idea what Lepido was so I googled it and found that someone
> at apache had set up wiki for it. I assume you know about this?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Lepido

yes, I guess that Sylvain knows it as he created the page as starting point for
the Lepido project.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc