Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by c0ldfyr3 <c0...@eliteprodigy.com> on 2004/01/31 14:38:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Erroring and closing.

[Sat Jan 31 13:23:21 2004] [crit] (32538)An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.  : Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for
socket 3308464. Check the FAQ.
[Sat Jan 31 13:23:21 2004] [crit] (22609)The pipe has been ended.  :
setup_inherited_listeners: Unable to read socket data from parent
[Sat Jan 31 13:23:21 2004] [crit] (32538)An operation was attempted on
something that is not a socket.  : master_main: create child process failed.
Exiting.
[Sat Jan 31 13:23:21 2004] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child
process 3315768

Any ideas as to why ?
It was running perfectly for ages, just noticed now it isnt running and
thats in the error logs.
I thought maybe my firewall, but the old Apache 1.x I have on the same
machine runs fine....

-= c0ldfyr3 =-

Re: [users@httpd] Erroring and closing.

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
c0ldfyr3 wrote:

> [Sat Jan 31 13:23:21 2004] [crit] (32538)An operation was attempted on
> something that is not a socket.  : Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for
> socket 3308464. Check the FAQ.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Any ideas as to why ?

Why can't you follow the message's directions?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#WSADuplicateSocket

> It was running perfectly for ages, just noticed now it isnt running and
> thats in the error logs.
> I thought maybe my firewall, but the old Apache 1.x I have on the same
> machine runs fine....

If you're referring to 2.0 vs 1.3 they are completely different
programs, so it's not surprising that a broken firewall/VPN affects one
and not the other.

Brian