Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk> on 2013/12/15 23:43:13 UTC

Problems installing maven on windows 7

Hi

I'm having  problems installing maven.  I don't know what I am doing wrong!

I've done a detailed explanation of how I'm installing maven. and a problem
I'm still experiencing. I must be making some mistake I can't see. I've
attached a video my attempt to install maven and a copy of M2_Home and Path

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xo5ymrq5xep5ap3/maven%20installation%20in%20detail
.avi

M2_Home and Path
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez4i0i8q4l9n3r0/Maven%20M2_HOME%20and%20Path%20Inf
o.txt

I look forward to a speedy response.

Speak soon

Jacqueline

RE: Problems installing maven on windows 7

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I will give this a try and let you know how I get on

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.
Cemo,

Thanks your awesome.

I will give these a try and let you know.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
George-

if youre using Eclipse you will need to set the JAVA_HOME in startup .eclipserc

edit ~/.eclipserc and
add a JAVA_HOME= line to that file.
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandriva/devel/2006.0/i586/media/contrib/eclipse-platform-3.1.0-8mdk.i586.html

Cheers,

Martin Gainty

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.
I will go one better.   I did a training video for future reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpjtezaua8vj60a/How%20to%20install%20maven%20%28and%20java_home%29.mp4

Can you perhaps share some details on what was broken and what you had to do to fix it, for the benefit of future users new to Maven?

Wayne

Re: Problems installing maven on windows 7

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.
Guys,

A BIG MASSIVE, HUGE THANK YOU.

I finally got apache maven working.

You're all awesome :oD

Posted by Cemo <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jacqueline George <ja...@balance.eclipse.co.uk>.
Excuse my ignorance.  How do I do that specifically.  I'm quite technical but I don't know how to do that. :os

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cemo <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi,