Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2013/02/15 18:12:52 UTC

Another error with Apache Flex 4.9 and not Adobe 4.1

Hi,

I'm trying to build a project that is fine with the Adobe 4.1A SDK using
the Apache 4.9 SDK, and the only thing that is tripping it up so far
that I haven't been able to explain is a Skin that says

     <fx:Metadata>
         [HostComponent("com.ev.global.view.components.Dashboard")]
     </fx:Metadata>

Adding CDATA inside the Metadata doesn't appear to change things.

I get a compile error reported in the latest Flash Builder saying "The
skin part type 'spark.components:TabBar' must be assignable to '*'.
  "
Which doesn't seem right, and I've never heard of before, neither has
Google ?

--
extravision Signature
*Tom Chiverton* | Lead Developer | Extravision

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your own risk.

Re: Another error with Apache Flex 4.9 and not Adobe 4.1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi

> I get a compile error reported in the latest Flash Builder saying "The skin part type 'spark.components:TabBar' must be assignable to '*'.

Just a guess - possibly a typo in "spark.components:TabBar'"? There's a ":" rather than a "."?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Another error with Apache Flex 4.9 and not Adobe 4.1

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Sure can : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33404

Tom

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Another error with Apache Flex 4.9 and not Adobe 4.1

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Good advice.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--