Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Cox <ra...@racox.net> on 2005/03/06 03:46:33 UTC

[users@httpd] web server on LAN

Is it possible to have another computer on my LAN at home access the web
server as an "intranet" service for development purposes if the Apache is
running on a workstation as opposed to a Server?  The OS is Win2K w/SP4.  If
someone does an http://127.0.0.1/, they currently don't see it.  What do I
need to do if this is possible?
Thanks,
Richard

Re: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex

Posted by Gene <li...@Bomgardner.net>.
Amin Thakkar wrote:

> Yes I have check it is working fine if I put index.html in cfmdate.
> try now http://infopoint.co.ug/cfmdate
>
> Amin

Yes - that is indeed working. Try changing DirectoryIndex from:

DirectoryIndex at_domains_index.html index.html index.html.var
index.shtml index.cfm index.htm home.htm index.php --- Index.shtml
Index.cfm Index.htm Home.htm Index.php

to:

DirectoryIndex at_domains_index.html index.html index.html.var
index.shtml index.cfm index.htm home.htm index.php  Index.shtml
Index.cfm Index.htm Home.htm Index.php

Note the three dashes have been removed.

Best 'o' luck,
Gene

Re: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex

Posted by Amin Thakkar <am...@infopoint.co.ug>.

Posted by Gene <li...@Bomgardner.net>.

Posted by Amin Thakkar <am...@infopoint.co.ug>.
I don't know  '------------"  and I don't know how it is came. It is came
with server setup. Can you give me right way to write a scripts.

Amin

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amin Thakkar <am...@infopoint.co.ug>.
Hi

I want to put as home page as below sequance
index.shtml index.cfm index.htm home.htm index.php --- Index.shtml Index.cfm
Index.htm Home.htm Index.php

I have edit httpd.conf in /etc/httpd/conf but it is not working as I want.
Ex I have file call index.cfm in http://infopoint.co.ug/cfmdate/index.cfm
when I type http://infopoint.co.ug/cfmdate it should open home page

Pls tell me what to do

Amin
# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory

# is requested.

#

# The index.html.var file (a type-map) is used to deliver content-

# negotiated documents. The MultiViews Option can be used for the

# same purpose, but it is much slower.

#

RE: [users@httpd] web server on LAN

Posted by Richard Cox <ra...@racox.net>.