Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by ad...@bt.com on 2004/09/13 15:53:49 UTC

Overnight build/Transport issues

Some weeks ago I raised a  fault regarding

Exception : AxisTransportException:Transport buffer is empty

I was advised that a fix was available, but I'd need to rebuild the project, not something I wish to do as a user. There was talk of an overnight build, but this doesn't seem to have materialised.

Is there any news on these issues?

Regards,

Adrian Smith
Web Services Integration, BT Exact

Re: Overnight build/Transport issues

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John,
   There were no offline discussions on this.
   We have to get help from those who are familiar with Gump.

   I had a look at the docs on Gump site and it looked to me as if the ant build script alone
would not be sufficient. We have to create something called the "gump descriptor" for our project
and commit it to Gump CVS. (http://wiki.apache.org/gump/FrequentlyAskedQuestions)
   I did get a CVS checkout of gump meta data however did not get much time to look into them.
(http://gump.apache.org/gettingstarted.html)

    It is good if we could get somone from the comminity who is familiar with gump to help write
the descriptor. (else we have to learn it the hard way ;-))

    Also, there is no mention of if we would be able to get gump to use additional jars in the
build process (contrib jars for ant to build C++) The best is to ask the Gump mailing list.
However we may have to have the descriptor ready before we can talk to Gump folks.

Regards,
Samisa...

http://vote.yahoo.com

Re: Overnight build/Transport issues