Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eu...@jdevelop.com> on 2005/10/13 10:46:01 UTC

Create a lot of nodes

Hello!
I'm trying to create 10! nodes to build repository for performance testings,
with localfs and object persistence manager. I noticed before I call
session.save, all data is being kept in memory, thus I'm running in
OutOfMemoryError. Is there any way to "flush" nodes on disk and clear memory?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Create a lot of nodes

Posted by Lee Mallabone <le...@transactgroup.net>.
On Thursday 13 October 2005 09:46, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm trying to create 10! nodes to build repository for performance
> testings, with localfs and object persistence manager. I noticed before I
> call session.save, all data is being kept in memory, thus I'm running in
> OutOfMemoryError. Is there any way to "flush" nodes on disk and clear
> memory?

I do it just by calling session.save() periodically. I haven't checked the
code to see if that's guaranteed to clear all the memory that was used, but
it seems to have the desired effect in practice.

Lee.