Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Neeraj Verma <ne...@magicpin.in> on 2022/12/22 08:41:24 UTC

Grouping fails with "null" as the output value, while filter is working

Solr's Grouping feature is not working for one of our datasets. It yields
the grouping field's value as *null* at times, randomly (we haven't
established a pattern so far), and puts documents in a single bucket while
the field's value is different for each doc. Filtering on the actual value
of that field is working fine, though.

Our schema on this particular field is the same for the last three months,
and data ingested just last week is impacted by this issue.

With queries, we're able to filter out the documents with that field's
values but they end up in the null group value and pollute the results.1
[image: Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 12.36.35 PM (1).png]

--
Neeraj

--

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfPkq3zW-X0>
Shop at Local Stores

Re: Grouping fails with "null" as the output value, while filter is working

Posted by Neeraj Verma <ne...@magicpin.in>.
Adding links to attachments.

In the first attachment, all 24K matching docs have been put in a single
group with matching value as "null".
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D4dZjt-VcCv99KIZpquPemIY4P4Hfamk/view?usp=share_link

Here, if I use the actual value as filter, the number of matching docs has
reduced but output remains corrupted.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IhRX_3AEWNMBPMb25Vpwq3r8Rij98LmW/view?usp=share_link

--
Neeraj