Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/22 19:07:23 UTC

PRs: review/merge in timely manner

Hi all,

We are struggling to merge Brooklyn pull requests in a timely manner [1].

This is a call for help, both from existing Brooklyn committers and from
all those in the community: please help out reviewing PRs so we can get
through the backlog, and can comment on + merge PRs in a timely manner
going forward.

It's fantastic we're getting all these contributions! However, it's
vital we improve the experience for these contributors: it's a key part
of their overall impression, and is also a health indicator of the
project as a whole (off-putting for a potential new committer if they
think PRs ever get ignored).

Aled

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pulls

Re: PRs: review/merge in timely manner

Posted by Sam Corbett <sa...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
While PRs are not getting closed when merged this may be a more useful link:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen++is%3Aunmerged

See Svet's email from last week and
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/mirroring_to_github_issues for
background.

On 22/07/2015 18:07, Aled Sage wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are struggling to merge Brooklyn pull requests in a timely manner [1].
>
> This is a call for help, both from existing Brooklyn committers and
> from all those in the community: please help out reviewing PRs so we
> can get through the backlog, and can comment on + merge PRs in a
> timely manner going forward.
>
> It's fantastic we're getting all these contributions! However, it's
> vital we improve the experience for these contributors: it's a key
> part of their overall impression, and is also a health indicator of
> the project as a whole (off-putting for a potential new committer if
> they think PRs ever get ignored).
>
> Aled
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pulls

message after it was sent.