Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/24 22:06:35 UTC

[JSieve] pom.xml - ok for repo usage...?

IIRC there has been some uncertainty about whether the pom.xml in the
jsieve project is good enough to be published as meta-data into the
repository. it looks ok-ish to me but i'm not a maven expert.
hopefully those who know more will jump in.

if we wanted to publish a future jsieve release through the repository:

1. what improvements would be needed to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve/trunk/pom.xml ...?
2. would we need to publish the parent poms ...?

- robert

Re: [JSieve] pom.xml - ok for repo usage...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10/26/07, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> > IIRC there has been some uncertainty about whether the pom.xml in the
> > jsieve project is good enough to be published as meta-data into the
> > repository. it looks ok-ish to me but i'm not a maven expert.
> > hopefully those who know more will jump in.
>
> Now that we removed the stage repository references and that all of our
> dependencies are officially published in a public maven repository I
> think it's safe to use that pom.xml as descriptor.

great

> > if we wanted to publish a future jsieve release through the repository:
> >
> > 1. what improvements would be needed to
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve/trunk/pom.xml ...?
>
> Maybe the disclaimer we added to pom.xml should be changed so to reflect
> the fact that the pom is also used to publish the artifact to the maven
> repository.

done

> > 2. would we need to publish the parent poms ...?
>
> They should be already public because we used them for previous jspf and
> mime4j releases:
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/james/james-project/1.2/

good

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> IIRC there has been some uncertainty about whether the pom.xml in the
> jsieve project is good enough to be published as meta-data into the
> repository. it looks ok-ish to me but i'm not a maven expert.
> hopefully those who know more will jump in.

Now that we removed the stage repository references and that all of our
dependencies are officially published in a public maven repository I
think it's safe to use that pom.xml as descriptor.

> if we wanted to publish a future jsieve release through the repository:
>
> 1. what improvements would be needed to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve/trunk/pom.xml ...?

Maybe the disclaimer we added to pom.xml should be changed so to reflect
the fact that the pom is also used to publish the artifact to the maven
repository.

> 2. would we need to publish the parent poms ...?

They should be already public because we used them for previous jspf and
mime4j releases:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/james/james-project/1.2/

Stefano