Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 05:45:58 UTC

Geronimo Java EE 6 Samples Are Ready for your try

Hi all,

There are some java ee 6 samples ready for try on G 3.0 snapshot build. The
purpose of these new samples is to demo some java ee 6 new features, and to
give end user some idea about java ee 6 improved programming model. Note
that those samples could not be regarded as a full coverage to all java ee 6
new features.

To try the new samples, follow these commands:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/ gsamplestrunk
cd gsamplestrunk
mvn clean install -Pno-plugin -e

Note: you may need to check out server trunk code and make a local build
before you try to build the samples trunk.

The coverage of new features as below:
*Servlet 3.0*
1. cviewer-javaee6 -- A sample to demo programmatically register servlets
and filters
2. fileupload-javaee6 -- A sample to demo part attribute and new annotations
3. jarresource-javaee6 -- A sample to demo jar resources usage in a web
application
4. webfragment-javaee6 -- A sample to demo web fragment feature
*JSF 2.0*
5. converter-javaee6 -- A sample to demo JSF and AJAX interaction
*EJB 3.1*
6. ejbtimer-javaee6 -- A sample to demo EJB timer feature
7. singletonejb-javaee6 -- A calculator sample to demo singleton EJB
*JPA 2.0*
8. jpa20demo-javaee6 -- A sample using JSF and criteria API of JPA 2.0
*RESTful service*
9. restfulorder-javaee6 -- A sample to demo restful service

All these samples run successfully on the Java EE 6 RI server - glassfish
v3. But for G 3.0 tomcat snapshot build, only sample 1,4,5 work, others
could deplopy but failed to run.
I understand the G 3.0 is still under construction towards java ee 6
compliant, so let me know if there is a necessity to fire some jiras for
samples failures on the 3.0 snapshot build.

Forrest

Re: Geronimo Java EE 6 Samples Are Ready for your try

Posted by 姜璐 <je...@gmail.com>.
I have tried the file upload sample on Geronimo 3.0,but it doesn't
work as expected.open a  jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5291 for it.

Re: Geronimo Java EE 6 Samples Are Ready for your try

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Forrest:
    For any web applications that do not work, please open JIRAs.
    For other components, as far as I know, the support for singleton should
be ongoing now.   Restful service is not supported yet ...

--
Ivan