Posted to users@camel.apache.org by milltj <mi...@drop-tank.com> on 2013/08/09 02:52:38 UTC

Codec and Headers

I have a question regarding Custom Codecs and Headers.  I have a message
format that is is a 28 byte header followed by XML. I am using the MINA2
component to receive the data and implemented a custom codec to read the
data and add the header and XML to the body as a byte[]. I would like my
codec to parse the header and set that data in the Message header and have
the Message body be only the XML.  I have not been able to find out how to
do that.  Will I need to send the byte[] to a processor after the codec to
separate it out or can I do it from the codec itself?

Thanks!

- Tim

Re: Codec and Headers

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes you would need to process the message afterwards to enrich the headers.

The codec is only for mapping the message body.

You can use an intercept from to setup this once.
http://camel.apache.org/intercept

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 2:52 AM, milltj <mi...@drop-tank.com> wrote:
> I have a question regarding Custom Codecs and Headers.  I have a message
> format that is is a 28 byte header followed by XML. I am using the MINA2
> component to receive the data and implemented a custom codec to read the
> data and add the header and XML to the body as a byte[]. I would like my
> codec to parse the header and set that data in the Message header and have
> the Message body be only the XML.  I have not been able to find out how to
> do that.  Will I need to send the byte[] to a processor after the codec to
> separate it out or can I do it from the codec itself?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Tim

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.