Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> on 2014/08/25 22:09:41 UTC

[Testing] No content to speak of

The dev list has been almost silent since Friday PM; maybe I'm just
paranoid after the last outage, but I want to see if this gets through.

Sorry for the noise, everyone can go back to making Cordova awesome now :)

Ian

Re: [Testing] No content to speak of

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
(waves hand)

This isn't the content you are looking for.

;-)

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
Looks like it started failing with 0ffb969 (Fixes multiple mobilespec tests
errors). There's a lot in there; I'll have to take that commit apart now to
figure out what happened. I wrote the original tests, though, so I know
what it *should* be doing, at least.

I'll re-open https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6148.

Thanks for the heads-up, Marcel.

Ian

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
:)

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hey I thought this was a free content thread.

$ ping cordova.io

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: [Testing] No content to speak of

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gonzalez <ma...@gmail.com>.
The reason of this fails as Ian pointed out are the references to the
filesystem on the entry.
125 Expected --> FileSystem: persistent  ; Returned :temporary
126 Expected --> FileSystem: temporary   ; Returned :persistent
127 Expected --> FileSystem: persistent  ; Returned :temporary
128 Expected --> FileSystem: temporary   ; Returned :persistent

I've got this results, getting the filesystem property from the entry.

I've created an issue related to this subject, in order to fix it for all
platforms.

> The changes to Entry.js introduce this failure; for some reason the
> reference to entry.filesystemName was replaced with entry.filesystem.name,
> and so the entry is not being returned with a reference to the correct
> filesystem.
>
> I think that this was a change made to accommodate Windows Phone, which
> broke Android (and probably iOS). There's a fundamental difference between
> how we have to pass the filesystem object across the bridge vs. how we can
> pass it around in JavaScript, and this change makes one style work, at the
> expense of the other.
>
> I'll see this evening if I can work up a version that will work for both,
> and get some WP8 testers to look at it in the morning.
>
> Ian
>

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Jesse <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Which tests are now failing, what do they test, and how have you verified
> > that they should pass? Just because they used to pass, does not mean they
> > are valid, or should have passed.
> >
> > This change to DirectoryEntry.js makes perfect sense, and may have
> > uncovered a previously passing test that should have failed.
> >
> > -    if (!/\/$/.test(nativeURL)) {
> > +    if (nativeURL && !/\/$/.test(nativeURL)) {
> >          nativeURL += "/";
> >      }
> >
> > Similarily, the changes to www/resolveLocalFileSystemURI.js and
> > www/Entry.js do not appear to introduce a new failure, but could be
> > uncovering previously falsely passing test(s)
> >

> > @purplecabbage
> > risingj.com
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Martin Gonzalez <
> > martin.c.glez.glez@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The tests shouldn't be failing. I agree with Ian, the tests started to
> > fail
> > > after:
> > > 0ffb969 (Fixes multiple mobilespec tests
> > > errors). I've verified with the previous commit and everything works as
> > > expected.

> > somewhere

> > then

> iclelland@chromium.org>

> > isn't

Martin Gonzalez

Re: [Testing] No content to speak of

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gonzalez <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
I'll check that out; the file changes could be related to my commits
yesterday

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Martin Gonzalez <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Yup, has been quiet.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
I've done more work in 2 days than in 2 weeks.  Coincidence?...

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.