Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ludovic Pénet <l....@senat.fr> on 2017/01/01 17:14:54 UTC

Rereading roles for current principal

Hi.

As kindly advised, I restart this question as a separate thread.

Is there a standard, easy way to reread roles for an authenticated user ?

The use case is as follow : I implement JSON web tokens (JWT) as a valve, generating it after the container performed authentication and restoring principal when a valid token is passed.

I also use JWT as poor man SSO accross systems. But roles are not the same. I would like to be able to read roles sometimes.

Of course, I know how to read the roles and could do that in the valve... But, IMHO, it is something that should remain in the realm, for a cleaner separation.

Thanks in advance,

Ludovic
PS : and happy new year !
--
Envoy� de mon appareil Android avec K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma bri�vet�.