Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Uma M <ma...@calsoft.co.in> on 2001/04/07 14:30:53 UTC

Deploying sample in Apache-Soap

hi all,

This question is about the problem I faced while deploying a sample, given
in Apache-Soap.
So, anyone who have done this before, please try to help me.

I installed Apache-Soap on Apache Tomcat v3.2.1.

When I try to deploy the samples that comes along with Apache-Soap, from
command-line using,

http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
>	deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

the following Exception is thrown...

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV-Client;msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode' element.]
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java)

I set all the necessary classpaths.  Where have I gone wrong???

Thanks & Regards,

Uma

Re: Deploying sample in Apache-Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
This sounds like the error that occurs when you use Xerces 1.3.1.  Please try Xerces
1.3.0 or 1.2.3.

Scott Nichol

Re: Microsoft Client for APACHE-SOAP Server?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I have posted VB clients for stockquote and addressbook to this mailing list.  Send mail
to the following addresses

soap-dev-get.5076@xml.apache.org        stockquote
soap-dev-get.5077@xml.apache.org        addressbook

Scott Nichol