Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Soumia Sefsafi <so...@inria.fr> on 2012/04/27 16:33:12 UTC

load dbpedia benchmark in jena

Hi,

I have installed Jena 2.6.3, Joseki 3.4.2 and TDB 0.8.7 on my pc,everything is ok but now i want to load dbpedia benchmark which i download it from this website:http://aksw.org/Projects/DBPSB, it is a .nt file but i don't know which command should i use to load it.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Re: load dbpedia benchmark in jena

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Soumia Sefsafi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Jena 2.6.3, Joseki 3.4.2 and TDB 0.8.7 on my pc,everything is ok but now i want to load dbpedia benchmark which i download it from this website:http://aksw.org/Projects/DBPSB, it is a .nt file but i don't know which command should i use to load it.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best regards.

By the way, if you have installed TDB, you have tdbloader command on your PATH:

tdbloader --help

tdbloader [--desc DATASET | -loc DIR] FILE ...
  Location
      --loc=DIR              Location (a directory)
      --tdb=                 Assembler description file
      --graph=IRI            Act on a named graph
  Symbol definition
      --set                  Set a configuration symbol to a value
      --strict               Operate in strict SPARQL mode (no extensions of any
kind)
      --desc=                Assembler description file
  General
      -v   --verbose         Verbose
      -q   --quiet           Run with minimal output
      --debug                Output information for debugging
      --help
      --version              Version information

This would load your data into a TDB location.
You then need to configure Joseki to use that.

... yep, the documentation on the website could be improved:
http://incubator.apache.org/jena/documentation/tdb/commands.html#tdbloader

Website is in SVN and yes! we accept patches for the documentation as well ;-)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jena/site/trunk/

Cheers,
Paolo

Re: load dbpedia benchmark in jena

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Soumia,
is there any particular reason why you are not using, for example, the latest
Apache Jena's Fuseki release available? You can download it from here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/jena/jena-fuseki-0.2.1-incubating/

Or, are you interested in benchmarking a particular old set of Jena/Joseki/TDB
versions?

Paolo