Posted to user@uima.apache.org by fr...@googlemail.com, fr...@googlemail.com on 2018/04/24 12:16:23 UTC

UIMA-AS without a queue broker

Hi all,

I want to re-reimplement my existing UIMA pipeline with UIMA-AS, mainly to add concurrent execution and to be able to cancel jobs.
My components will run on the same JVM and will be co-located. According to the documentation:
"[...] For co-located components, the UIMA AS framework uses custom very-lightweight queuing mechanisms. For non-co-located components, it uses JMS queues, managed by ActiveMQ Queue Brokers [...]".
But from the code examples it seems that I have to set a queue broker anyway even if my components are all co-located. Is there a way to avoid it and run UIMA-AS without configuring a broker?

Thanks!
Franck

Re: UIMA-AS without a queue broker

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@us.ibm.com>.
Franck, as of today transport between uima-as client and a serviceĀ  is
still based on JMS and needs a broker.
There is a JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5501?filter=12317266

which addresses your concerns. The code will no longer require a broker
between a client and a service.

I am working on this as time allows. No ETA for this yet though.

From:	"franck.valentin@googlemail.com"
            <fr...@googlemail.com>
To:	<us...@uima.apache.org>
Date:	04/24/2018 08:21 AM