Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Kuropkat <rk...@t-sciences.com> on 2014/03/20 20:29:09 UTC

Site Repository Property was: Open Source Best Practices with Maven - distributionManagement

So is there an equivalent to altReleaseDeploymentRepository and
altSnapshotDeploymentRepository for the Site Deployment information
also?  Since all three are in the Distribution Management directive, I
was hoping I could define this last one in the settings.xml also.

Robert Kuropkat

On 03/19/2014 05:15 PM, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> as outlined in https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html
> in your settings.xml you might define properties
> altReleaseDeploymentRepository and altSnapshotDeploymentRepository in
> a profile internal-repository which is activated by default while you
> do not define any repository at all in your pom.
> Now while developing you just invoke mvn deploy and everything should
> go to your local Nexus.
> When invoking mvn -P!internal-repository everything should go to central.
> Regards Mirko
> --
> http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
> https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)
> https://bitbucket.org/mfriedenhagen/

<snip>

Re: Site Repository Property was: Open Source Best Practices with Maven - distributionManagement

Posted by Robert Kuropkat <rk...@t-sciences.com>.
Yep, that is one of the many pages I had looked at also.  I was also
considering the stage-deploy target as I think that actually does have a
property for URL, but was not sure what other side affects it would have
since it might be deemed a mis-use of that feature.  I need to
understand it a little better and its original intent and how that maps
to our local process.

I also tried setting just a named property in settings.xml and
referencing that property in the <site><url> tag but since the URL tag
behavior is to append in a parent-child pom setup, it gets confused.
Disappointingly, when I look at the effective POM in Eclipse, it looks
exactly they way I want.  When it actually runs though, it fails.

Robert Kuropkat

P.S.  I am currently using the jackrabbit webdav wagon, but that's just
because it was the first one I got to work.

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello Robert,