Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2013/01/31 16:27:59 UTC

graduation/release schedule

Hey all,

I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this week:

1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
2) When to graduate from the incubator.

>From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on Hadoop
2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.

For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now, although
I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff before
the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may still
end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.

Thoughts on all this?

Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: graduation/release schedule

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It has been quite some time for 0.4 release and I see a lot of things have
gone into it. Unfortunately in this release I didn't had time at hand so
couldnt do anything but I would like to see the 0.5 versions released quite
soon.
As for graduation, I think that we should kick in the process.

regards
Rahul

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
On 31 Jan 2013, at 16:27, Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this week:
>
> 1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
> 2) When to graduate from the incubator.
>
> From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on Hadoop
> 2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.

I think it would be good to get CRUNCH-155 out of the way before 0.5.0, but
other than that I don't see anything else in the way.

> For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now, although
> I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff before
> the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may still
> end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.

It looks like we're ready for graduation, so let's go for it. If it doesn't
happen in time for the next board meeting, it doesn't happen, but I'd
say that's no reason to hold back on getting things moving now.

- Gabriel

Re: graduation/release schedule

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
afaict you're ready for graduation. I checked the crunch status page
and it looks like everything is in place.

Patrick

Posted by Victor Iacoban <vi...@gmail.com>.
sure, I'll try crackle against crunch 0.5

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Victor Iacoban <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Victor Iacoban <vi...@gmail.com>.
One more thing, would be nice if you could publish a set of jars built
against hadoop 2.
With a separate maven classifier or version.

Thanks

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.
Hi,