Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mary Wiegand <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/14 00:36:28 UTC

tomcat code=exited status=203/EXEC

I'm getting the following error when I try to run tomcat8.
tomcat code=exited status=203/EXEC

I've done a bunch of searching for things that might work but haven't had
any luck with anything and nothing seems to be straight forward.

I'm using ubuntu server 14.06 and tomcat8.

Any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks,

-Mary

Re: tomcat code=exited status=203/EXEC

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Mary,

On 1/13/2017 4:36 PM, Mary Wiegand wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when I try to run tomcat8.
> tomcat code=exited status=203/EXEC
>
> I've done a bunch of searching for things that might work but haven't had
> any luck with anything and nothing seems to be straight forward.
>
> I'm using ubuntu server 14.06 and tomcat8.
>
> Any ideas would be awesome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mary

A quick search on Google led me to this link:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-apache-tomcat-8-on-ubuntu-16-04

Check the permissions on the directory.

. . . just my (run Tomcat on CentOS) two cents
/mde/